If your boiler stops working, the burner may have gone into Lock Out. It may be in ‘high-limit’ or low pressure.
We have outlined a few things you can do to potentially resolve this problem.
If you are unsure about any of the following, please contact Oil Services South West Ltd. immediately on 01837 871 444 before you attempt to do anything to your boiler.
Please download our specially created PDF OSSW Ltd. Boiler In Lock-Outif you wish to take these instructions with you to your boiler.Causes of lock out:-
- No fuel in oil tank – SOLUTION – fill oil tank
- No oil getting to the burner caused by:
Remote sensing fire valve trip – SOLUTION – reset valve
Oil line isolated – SOLUTION – check all valves are open
- Burner problem/breakdown – if the burner does not fire after 2 presses of the lock out button and you have oil, please call us on 01837 871 444 to investigate and rectify.
If the boiler has gone into high limit and is still hot, this reset may not allow you to reset it.
Reasons for overheat:
- Component failure
- System air lock
- Low boiler pressure (see right)
When the gauge reaches 1.0 bar, turn off both valves.
The valves are open when the 90º handle is in-line with the pipe and shut when the valve handle is at right-angles to the pipe. If the problem persists, please call us on 01837 871 444.
If you wish to take these instructions to your boiler, you can print off our downloadable PDF OSSW Ltd. Filling-Topping Up
- Check your programmer is calling for heat (normally there is a red light on it or a flame symbol on a digital display when it is in demand).
- Check your roomstat is turned up for heating.
- Check your cylinder stat is turned up for water.
- Check your fuse (maximum 5 amps)
As a member of Honeywell Installer Network, we carry full spares and we are fully versed in controls and associated problems, so please don’t hesitate to call us on 01837 871 444.